Since then we have had a two year old tantrum (nobody knows what about), some time-out in Mummy's yoga room, we've both adorned a Sylvester colouring-in book, Mila has shown promise as a dot painter and it's not even breakfast yet. Oh and I just got interrupted writing this by a tearful "I want my cup with the flowers on it".
Last night we managed a TV marathon - ninety uninterrupted minutes - during which the ABC dished up programmes on fathers experiencing all the symptoms of pregnancy (I've still got backache, maybe I'm ...); a paraglider who got sucked into a storm cloud and hurtled to the edge of the earth's atmosphere (you're supposed to die at 7000 metres and she went nearly 10,000 and survived) and finally a show about Addiction. All of the programmes spoke to me in some way, especially the last one, as I poured myself a third glass of Daddy's Little Helper, Pinot Grigio.
We're off to Port Macquarie, on the New South Wales mid-north coast, this weekend on assignment for the Sydney Morning Herald, writing about a family eco-friendly break. I don't know the town but its positives are that it reputedly has the best climate in Australia (raining and 8 degrees there at the moment) and it has the best charity shops around, partly because it is also known as "God's Waiting Room" and there are regular house clearances!
As a bachelor, travelling used to be so easy. Throw some things in a bag half an hour before I left. Now it is a full-scale military operation to go anywhere, even half-way up the road. We've been preparing for this three day trip for a week now and still feel unprepared.
I'd love to say that I'll be getting up to watch the World Cup quarter-finals which show here at unhealthy times like midnight and 4.30am but this is my first tournament with babes and I fear I'm becoming a lightweight. Thanks for your time, more from God's Waiting Room later.
Last night we managed a TV marathon - ninety uninterrupted minutes - during which the ABC dished up programmes on fathers experiencing all the symptoms of pregnancy (I've still got backache, maybe I'm ...); a paraglider who got sucked into a storm cloud and hurtled to the edge of the earth's atmosphere (you're supposed to die at 7000 metres and she went nearly 10,000 and survived) and finally a show about Addiction. All of the programmes spoke to me in some way, especially the last one, as I poured myself a third glass of Daddy's Little Helper, Pinot Grigio.
We're off to Port Macquarie, on the New South Wales mid-north coast, this weekend on assignment for the Sydney Morning Herald, writing about a family eco-friendly break. I don't know the town but its positives are that it reputedly has the best climate in Australia (raining and 8 degrees there at the moment) and it has the best charity shops around, partly because it is also known as "God's Waiting Room" and there are regular house clearances!
As a bachelor, travelling used to be so easy. Throw some things in a bag half an hour before I left. Now it is a full-scale military operation to go anywhere, even half-way up the road. We've been preparing for this three day trip for a week now and still feel unprepared.
I'd love to say that I'll be getting up to watch the World Cup quarter-finals which show here at unhealthy times like midnight and 4.30am but this is my first tournament with babes and I fear I'm becoming a lightweight. Thanks for your time, more from God's Waiting Room later.
Hey mate,
ReplyDeletewelcome to the world of blogging! As a father-in-arms I can feel the connection from here.
I've linked to you on my latest blog post so hope it gets you some subscribers.
http://pauldymond.blogspot.com/2010/07/those-damn-mums-with-camera-oops-im-one.html
cheers
Paul