Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

A new dawn, every day

Well hello and welcome to my new blog, it's the beginning of a new financial year here in Australia and so, as usual, I'm doing something for nothing rather than working hard bringing home the bacon. It's also bloody cold - midwinter and looking like snow in my area for the first time in living memory. Where I come from, originally - Wimbledon - they seem to be going through a heatwave, so I am feeling a little homesick.

Anyhow, my blog is about being a professional travel writer while trying to manage a young family which includes my two daughters, Mila (2) and Freya (8 months). Today everybody except me is getting over winter flu but I have a backache and the lingering possibility of man flu.

I am just back from the Red Centre where I camped out in a swag at the Oak Valley Aboriginal community. Fantastic experience but now back to the reality of trying to write while two little people climb all over me. Tricky but rewarding you could say.

I love being a Dad just about as much as I love travel but being a Dad has very much changed my passion for upping sticks and throwing myself out of planes, off mountains and into the arms of the nearest available woman.

Plus I am not getting any younger. Ow, my back...

No comments:

Post a Comment